Today’s offering is a potential replacement for LeGarrette Blount in the middle rounds.
Weight: 219 (from Shrine Video game)
Jersey: No. 22
Production exploded as a senior, topping 1,000 speeding yards for the initially time and averaging practically 7 yards per have after a middling initially a few a long time with the Cornhuskers. Also caught 23 passes. Gained a Shrine Video game invite and scored a TD in the match.
Games viewed: Illinois, Colorado, Michigan, Purdue, Northwestern, Ohio Condition, Michigan Condition, Shrine Video game and tactics (in man or woman)
- Endurance. Ozigbo does not stress with the ball in his arms, and he does not make unneeded cuts or reactions to the defense. No RB in this draft class is much better at letting the blocking established up for him and reading through the defense.
- Hips and ft. He has incredibly loose hips for a greater again, ready to open up and wiggle without shedding stability or sacrificing agility. Some of that stems from good ft. Superb foot frequency and angles with his measures to established up cuts and remain balanced. It permits him to cut sharper than most heavier backs.
- Participate in motion. Ozigbo is a master of marketing the enjoy-motion faux. He’s also adept on the possibility operate and disguising no matter whether he has the ball or not.
- Maximizing yards. Even earlier in his Nebraska occupation, Ozigbo was good at getting 3 yards on 3rd-and-2 or grinding out an further lawn on a very well-defended operate. His ahead lean, foot travel and ability serve him very well.
- North-south model. In all the video games I viewed, I noticed Ozigbo acquire a phase sideways in advance of his next ahead phase exactly at the time. This goes in hand with his persistence virtue. When he bounces to the exterior he’s nonetheless attaining yards instead of flattening to a pure lateral runner. It is usually the distinction amongst attaining 3-4 yards or finding up 6-8 for him.
- A single-yr surprise. He was a pedestrian runner until finally his senior period, usually heavier than he needed to be (was listed at 230-235) and not as explosive with his cuts. It is notable that the Huskers offensive scheme and OL much better-suited his model in 2018.
- Leading-stop velocity. Ozigbo’s believed 40 time is 4.52. Most of his extended scampers (see Illinois and Purdue) ended up broad open lanes to the stop zone. He’s surely not gradual, but he’s not a blazer.
- Poor video games. Michigan completely shut him down. Ozigbo struggled to achieve yards from Troy and Wisconsin (video games I did not view in full) and was not his dynamic self from Michigan Condition. All of those defenses featured top quality LB enjoy. He’s not anyone who can make would-be tacklers overlook regularly.
The 2018 Devine Ozigbo at his best is an NFL starter, or surely deserving of sharing the load as the greater again in an offense. There is danger, on the other hand. He was not a reliable college or university starter or even regarded as an NFL prospect until finally his breakout senior period.
As a middle-spherical prospect (4th-6th), Ozigbo offers a viable replacement for LeGarrette Blount as the ability again enhance to Kerryon Johnson. He’s a very little niftier and has much better eyesight and go security competencies than Zach Zenner.