Wide receiver T.Y. Hilton will play Sunday for the Colts despite dealing with a shoulder injury, Indianapolis coach Frank Reich told NFL Network’s James Palmer.
Here are other injuries we’re tracking heading into kickoff Sunday:
1. Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford (back) is expected to be under center as Detroit takes on the Cardinals, Rapoport said via a source. Lions cornerback Darius Slay (ankle) is also expected to play.
2. Kansas City Chiefs standout safety Eric Berry (heel), who has practiced for two consecutive weeks, will not play Sunday against the Ravens. All signs, however, point to Berry playing for the first time in 2018 against the Chargers in a huge AFC West showdown on Thursday night. Chiefs receiver Sammy Watkins (foot) also is out against the Ravens.
3. Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Gallup, who missed practice time with an illness, should play Sunday, according to Rapoport per a source. In other welcomed news for Dallas, standout left tackle Tyron Smith (neck), who missed the last two games, is expected to return to the field Sunday in an NFC East tussle for first place against the Eagles.
5. Miami Dolphins cornerback Xavien Howard recently underwent arthroscopic surgery to trim a meniscus injury, sources told Rapoport. The minor procedure means Howard hasn’t been ruled out for next week yet. He will not play Sunday.
7. Philadelphia Eagles defensive tackle Tim Jernigan (back) is not expected to play against the Cowboys, a source told Rapoport. Defensive end Michael Bennett (foot) is likely to play. Philadelphia promoted rookie defensive tackle Bruce Hector from the practice squad on Saturday.
11. Baltimore Ravens safety Tony Jefferson (ankle) is out against the Chiefs. Quarterback Joe Flacco is dealing with a tear in his hip, per Rapoport, and he’s officially inactive for Sunday’s game against the Chiefs.
“I am told he has a small tear in his hip and that is what kept him on the sideline, that is what he’s battling,” Rapoport said on NFL GameDay Morning. “He is rapidly approaching full health.”
13. Los Angeles Chargers running back Melvin Gordon won’t play Sunday because of an MCL sprain, but there’s a chance he could return for Thursday’s AFC West showdown against the Kansas City Chiefs, a source told Rapoport.
14. Pittsburgh Steelers running back James Conner will have his ankle injury re-evaluated by doctors on Monday, a source told Rapoport. Conner, who won’t play Sunday against the Oakland Raiders, could potentially sit out Week 15 against the New England Patriots, per Rapoport.
15. Rookie quarterback Sam Darnold, who missed the last three games because of a foot injury, will start Sunday against the Buffalo Bills, the team announced.