It doesn’t materialize typically, but when the Detroit Lions score a regular season victory around the eventual Super Bowl champion, the following season turns out very darn perfectly for the Motor City Kitties.
The Lions, of system, whipped the New England Patriots, 26-10, on national tv back again in Week 3. It was the initially win for Lions coach Matt Patricia, beating his old team and grasp Bill Belichick on Sunday evening. The Patriots rocked the Rams 13-3 in the Super Bowl to claim their sixth Super Bowl underneath Belichick.
If historical past is any guide, anticipate a massive year — fairly speaking — from Detroit in 2019.
The Lions have crushed the eventual Super Bowl champion in the regular season three prior moments.
- San Francisco 49ers in 1981
- St. Louis Rams in 1999
- Green Bay Packers in 2010
Here’s what Detroit did in the subsequent seasons:
- 1982: 4-5 but attained a Wild Card berth
- 2000: 9-7, missed the playoffs simply because of a Week 17 decline on a previous-next subject intention
- 2011: 10-6, Wild Card berth and Matthew Stafford’s 5,000-property, 41-TD season
Most Lions supporters would consider a return pay a visit to to the postseason in 2019 as a fantastic signal.
Hat tip to r/DetroitLions for the notion!